* School photographs will be taken next week between Monday and Wednesday *
The children have now learned six sounds – s,a,t,i,p,n.
This week we will begin our work on blending the sounds together to make CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant) words using these sounds.
Blending is a really important part of learning phonics and extra practice at home is needed.
In the homework folders you will find;
1. A Handwriting practice copy. Please only complete the writing practice page for the letters S and A.
2. Word box 1, words 1-5. Please practice reading these each night.
3. Tricky word of the week – I. Practice this each night.
4. Sound, word, picture match sheet – practice the sound, action and song for each. You can cut these out and practice matching the correct word, sound and picture together. You can also play matching games.
5. My blending Mat – You can use the letters from the sound, word, picture page to make words on the mat and sound them out.
- First sound out the letters, s-a-t, pointing at each one as you say the sound.
- Then say the whole word as you blend all of the sounds together.
Here is a video of some words we are learning to blend together.
Can you blend and read these words??